Mandatory and enforceable Codes of Conduct for Players, Spectators and Officials
The Wangaratta Rovers Football Netball Club supports the Codes of Conduct as introduced by the AFL, AFL Victoria and Netball Victoria.
Players Code of Conduct
- Enjoy the Game and take pride in representing WRFNC.
- Play by the rules – the rules of your club and the laws of the game.
- Never argue with an umpire or other official – without these people, you can’t play football.
- Control your temper – verbal abuse of officials and sledging other players doesn’t help you enjoy or win any games.
- Be a team player – it’s a team game, treat it that way.
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated- fairly.
- Co-operate with your coach, the umpires and team-mates.
- Play for your own enjoyment and to improve your skills.
- Don’t use ugly remarks or make statements in public (print or electronic media) based on race, religion, gender or ability – you’ll let down your coach, team-mates and family if you do and many such comments are actually illegal.
- Respect and abide by the clubs dress code. Dress with pride and support your clubs colours and apparel.
Parents and Supporters Code of Conduct
- Remember that you are there for the participants to enjoy the game.
- Encourage participation, but don’t force it.
- Teach that enjoyment is more important than winning.
- Never ridicule mistakes or losses – supporters are there to support not downgrade.
- Lead by example and respect all players, coaches, umpires and spectators – physical or verbal abuse will not be tolerated.
- Recognise all volunteers who are giving up their valuable time.
- Never publicly criticise umpires – raise personal concerns with club officials in private.
- Don’t use ugly remarks or make statements in public (print or electronic media) based on race, religion, gender or ability – many such comments are actually illegal.